InfoQ Engineering Culture Trends Report - 2022
Check out the bell curve we expect to see in 2022, based on the experiences of our team of InfoQ Editors.
List to the original on InfoQ: https://www.infoq.com/articles/culture-trends-2022
Key Takeaways (from my perspective)
- Hybrid work needs redesign and may be hiding the need for intentional redesign to avoid two-tiers.
- The world is reassing what work means and what options are availble. Wish I’d discussed the great-resignation and the end of commutes.
- Using intentional team design to support remote and provided needed capabilities.
- Leadership styles need to catch up with the shift in working practices.
- More than ever, wellness is imoprtant. Leads must take responsibily for providing the right support for mental wellness.
- Checkout the podcast featuring Sandy Mamoli, myself and the rest of the InfoQ culture and methods team.
Written on April 5, 2022